Thursday, June 28, 2012

Met Hui Chieh, Theresa and Sher Maine for lunch. Kandagawa was unfortunately booked up for a party so we had to eat at the Trishaw Cafe, which was serving very mediocre bak kut teh.

But that was a minor disaster compared with the big one that occurred later, when I went to the toilet at United Square and left my Kindle Fire in a cubicle. It serves me right for being so much in a hurry. I had left my friends at Udders, which could have saved me from this outcome had it had a toilet. Instead, I had to go into the mall to find a loo and they were doing renovations to their loos so there were long queues for the bathrooms. I don't know what was up with me but I forgot my Kindle Fire and i did not think about it for a few more hours.

In the meantime, I drove to the Botanic Gardens, where I met J and the girls coming from lunch to see if the gift shop would have souvenirs. I had arranged to meet Rosh at Fosters, so she came to the garden instead, with Darshan.

But it was only when we had gone back to Pine Grove to get ready for dinner at the Lohs', that I realised what an idiot I had been. It was too late to panic: I called United Square and no one had turned anything in. The security guard asked the cleaner to check the toilet but of course it was gone.

J removed my credit card details from Amazon and I went back to United Square but it was too late. No more Scramble games or Draw Something! A pox on the thief, may her hand shrivel up and fall off.

Amazingly I was still able to enjoy the delicious Peranakan meal Rebecca had cooked for us, though everyone else had finished eating by the time I got there. The itek tim was fabulous, as were the assam prawns. David had to go to work, and J got his nose in a photo book but the girls had great fun playing Twister and Blokus. I just wish I had my Kindle Fire for company. No more devices for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home