Sunday, September 09, 2007

Second time round on the slopes was a much better experience than the first, thanks largely to the fact that we had a much better instructor this time around and to ourselves too. Bret was great and LK and I felt a lot more confident and were much more competent after our two hours with him. We managed to get some of the basics right and are learning to turn. Tomorrow we have a final session with him but who knows when if ever I will get to ski again.

The weather was also beautiful and very mild. I think spring has truly arrived.

After skiing we went to town and bought some gifts to bring home. I am going back with a ton of teeth rotting candy. I miss having the kids and J actually. I think they would really enjoy Queenstown. Nonetheless, it's fantastic to have all this time together with ET and LK. We're having a ball. Tonight we had another splendiferous meal at Fishbone, where we had the best oysters I've had a in a long time. They were fresh, firm, creamy and completely delish... The grilled crayfish was also excellent -- sweet and buttery with a wonderful crunch -- and the accompanying Pinot Gris was very elegant. I was in heaven. To top a great meal, I had a hot choc from Patagonia Chocolate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home