Thursday, July 05, 2012

I woke up early, got into my running gear and high tailed it to Clementi Ave 4, hoping to find the wonton noodle lady from Sunset Way but the stall is now occupied by some other hawker. One more link with the past gone. A moment's mourning and I returned with bak chor mee instead.

Not much on today -- washed clothes, went to Holland Village with J and Izzy to apply for Internet banking and update my phone number so I can get an OTP if I have to use my card online. Had lunch at the hawker centre where Izzy had curry rice with tofu, J had wanton noodles and I had fish soup. Bought sundries and toiletries at Guardian, where the cashier had to ask me about my pretty mixed-blood daughter. Mum and dad arrived at about 5. J and I cleaned out the TV cabinet while getting the living room ready to sleep in. The place is filthy. I don't think Lucier cleaned anything but I guess she must have been too afraid to touch anything she was not expressly permitted to. Mum is still upset about the whole period. It is too bad she cannot live with hired help because she could so do with it.

The girls ended up having la mian for dinner and mum and dad were not hungry, so after J came back from his run, we went to Forture and had scrumptious vinegar pork ribs, oyster omelet and sambal kangkong. Dom and Huichieh joined us for drinks at Bar Bar, as well as Ember. Some experiences do bear repeating, but perhaps not the pear cider I ordered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home