Friday, September 28, 2007

Today I learnt that my old schoolmate, Sharon, whom I have known since we were 7, had a pineal tumour diagnosed two weeks ago. She had it removed on Wednesday night in a marathon operation which went well (the growth was completely benign) but deteriorated rapidly the next morning when she began bleeding in the brain. Intracranial pressure is tremendous -- she is not doing well.

I saw her in July at the Founders Day dinner. She was her usual sweet self. Earlier this year we had met for lunch when she contacted me. We ate at Hooked on Heads in Thomson Rd -- her recommendation. It had been years since we hung out and we spent the time catching up on long long lost time. She was the same sweet, calm and wise girl I remembered from school. Why do bad things happen to angels? Please get well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home