Friday, September 28, 2007

Today was dad's 67th birthday. We celebrated it at Fortune Cuisine in Sunset Way. Not the best of buffets but the service was unreproachable so I'm not complaining.

Alan and I bought mum and dad the iMedic Pro, which was delivered in the afternoon. Mum says it was Alexis who figured out how to use it, without having to consult the manual. I can tell she's going to be very helpful in my dotage.

I had lunch today with Tzin Yih at Il Piccolo next door to News Centre. Midway I got news that Sharon had deteriorated and was not likely to survive. There was nothing else to do but abandon my desk and go to SGH to say goodbye. Other old MGS friends were there, a reunion none of us wanted. Sharon and Ken had bought 14 presents for their children -- for each of the days mummy would be in hospital. The operation went well and the tumour was benign. How quickly things can change!

I talked to Isabel later about this. It was sadder for Sharon's daughter, she said. "It's done with for your friend, but her daughter will have to bear with the sadness." Her daughter is seven and only knows her mum is in hospital for an operation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home