Saturday, November 24, 2007

Today J was hung over for the second day running from the unbridled drinking last night so I left him to simmer in his sauce while I went out to shop. Bought clothes, shoes, perfume... that was the good part of the day.

The rest of it was spent in mindless doing-nothingness at Pine Grove with a pair of children who have no interest in anything but television. In the end I left them there on their own (Mum and Dad had to leave around 6 for a church event) while I went home to get into something more comfortable. At home too was unproductiveness and inertia. No response. I am really tired of being the one who always thinks about meals, and is always getting them. Does anyone ever make me a meal without being asked? Only Mum does. And today I knew I would get something to eat at Pine Grove without having to ask for it, and I did. Mushy peas with mushrooms and pork, something out of my childhood. I guess it's pretty universal -- only Mum gets it. Never do I come home to a meal on the table that I didn't already ask for.

So tonight I decided I wouldn't think about dinner for everyone and just have the mee siam Mum made. As a result of course the children went without dinner (neither Poni nor J bothered) and predictably they got hungry after they were done with TV at 10. I want to send them to bed hungry but Poni has made them grilled cheese sandwiches. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home